DAVID C. YAO MD, FACS
- Board-certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Board-certified, American Board of Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Aesthetic/Cosmetic Fellowship Trained at MEETH - New York University
- Specializing in aesthetic/cosmetic plastic surgery in all areas including the face, eyes, nose, ears, breasts and body
- Clinical Assistant Professor - Department of Surgery, Plastic Surgery Division, University of Arizona
- Instructor for students, residents and fellows of Mayo Clinic, NYU, Columbia University, Cornell University, University of Arizona, Banner University Medical Center and Midwestern University
- Instructor at Mayo Clinic Rochester, "Rhinofest" (Rhinoplasty Course)
- Osler Institute Plastic Surgery Board Review - Top Instructor Chosen by Oral Exam Candidates 2014-2017
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
"Plastic Surgery is the blend of art and science to meet our patient's goals."
Dr. David C. Yao is proud to be a part of Forma Plastic Surgery, where specialized fellowship trained plastic surgeons strive to meet and exceed the desires of our patients. Dr. Yao is board- certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and by the American Board of Surgery. His extensive education and experience allows him to offer his patients the most advanced aesthetic/cosmetic plastic surgery procedures.
Education and Training
Dr. Yao is a native of southern California and attended the University of California, San Diego where he received his bachelor’s degree in physiology. He went to the Medical College of Virginia (Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine) in Richmond, VA for his Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) degree. He relocated to Arizona where he completed his general surgery program with the Maricopa Integrated Health Systems. While here, he obtained significant experience in trauma, burn, reconstructive and emergency surgery.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Yao gained extensive plastic and reconstructive surgery experience with his training at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. His training included work in cosmetic, craniofacial, hand, and general reconstructive surgery as part of a well-rounded plastic surgery education. Dr. Yao was then selected for the prestigious cosmetic plastic surgery fellowship at the Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital (Lenox Hill Hospital/NYU) where he worked in the honored Upper East Side of New York City. While there, he had independent privileges and attained significant plastic surgery operative volume. He also worked with world-renowned Park Avenue and Manhattan plastic surgeons perfecting many of the techniques he applies today. Prior to returning to Arizona, Dr. Yao held the position of Attending Plastic Surgeon at Mayo Health System. Dr. Yao returned to Arizona in 2011 to continue his plastic surgery practice.
You May Be Interested
When searching for the right doctor, it is important to know the facts. Make sure you are consulting with a surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Plastic surgery training does include both cosmetic and reconstructive training. Most plastic surgeons have not had additional fellowship training in cosmetic plastic surgery to further sub-specialize. Dr. Yao has completed an additional 1 year cosmetic plastic surgery fellowship to provide his patients greater knowledge and experience. Rhinoplasty, facelifts and other cosmetic breast and body procedures are areas not performed by every plastic surgeon, however, they are areas which Dr. Yao has had special additional training. Most recently, Dr. Yao has teamed up with his fellow doctors, Dr. Walsh and Dr. Sabeeh, to create Forma Plastic Surgery. At Forma Plastic Surgery patient satisfaction, safety and optimal results are the keys to continued success.